1) It's kind of Steve Baker MP and the CRG to out themselves as those responsible for the current COVID death toll in the UK and the length of the lockdown we face. This is because it is their pressure on Boris Johnson that the virus got out of control. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/14/boris-johnson-could-face-tory-challenge-if-lockdown-lasts-through-spring
2) You see, if pressure from the likes of Steve Baker MP and the CRG hadn't led to the lifting of the November lockdown for a few weeks before Christmas, we would not have experienced this third wave, well not to this extent. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/19/mp-rebellion-could-enormous-lockdown-doesnt-end-december-says/
MP rebellion could be 'enormous' if lockdown doesn't end in December, says Steve Baker
Mr Baker said that members of Government have made it clear to the whips that they would vote against a third lockdownhttps://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/11/19/mp-rebellion-could-enormous-lockdown-doesnt-end-december-says/
3) Lifting the lockdown for just a few weeks ensured the mass spread of this new more infectious strain of COVID, which has ensured the need for a far longer lockdown than would otherwise have been necessary. Plus of course many thousands of unnecessary deaths.
4) Yet despite causing huge increased economic damage and unnecessary deaths by his uneducated and ignorant meddling, Steve Baker MP is shamelessly trying to force the same type of reckless behaviour onto Boris Johnson.
5) Nor was Baker's attempt to force the end of November lockdown early the first occurrence of his scientifically ignorant meddling to overrule the advice of the expert scientists advising the government. Here he was doing it in May last year. https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/senior-tories-pile-pressure-on-boris-johnson-to-end-arbitrary-lockdown-as-soon-as-possible
Senior Tories pile pressure on Boris Johnson to end ‘arbitrary’ lockdown ‘as soon as possible’
Senior Conservative MPs have lined up to demand that Boris Johnson lifts “arbitrary” coronavirus lockdown measures “as soon as possible” .https://www.politicshome.com/news/article/senior-tories-pile-pressure-on-boris-johnson-to-end-arbitrary-lockdown-as-soon-as-possible
6) It should come as no surprise that Steve Baker MP is an all round science denier who is similarly disputing the science and expert advice over climate change. Although like most climate change deniers, he denies he's a climate change deniers. https://www.desmog.co.uk/steve-baker
7) Here is Steve Baker MP amplifying the opinions of long time purveyor of disinformation about climate change and the ecological crisis Bjorn Lomborg.
8) We see the same sort of pattern where Steve Baker MP and the CRG pretend they accept the science, but then dispute the views of the scientific experts, with little more than their own unqualified and ignorant personal opinions.
9) What I want to know is what stops Steve Baker MP and the CRG learning from experience? Where they make a dreadful mistake demanding the end to measures to stop the spread of COVID, only for it to spread out of control, but then make the same reckless demand again.
10) Exactly how are they unable to acknowledge we got that one seriously wrong? They demanded no further lockdown into December, got their way and the virus got completely out of control because of their actions. A very clear and self-evident error of judgement.